Twitter for the win. Tetsuya Nomura has deemed it proper that he should share a couple of details about Final Fantasy Versus XIII with fans. The tweet was made on The 3rd Birthday's feed, why he won't make an official Versus XIII feed? Well, that's Nomura for you.
"Yesterday, we had meetings about three sections -- maps, events and battles. For the map section, I checked the problem areas that had been fixed. The staff had gone beyond the requests and and filled them with playful elements. I put in orders for additional areas as well."
He also went into specifics about what he was checking on said maps.
- The look of a forest that you can see once you've cleared a narrow mountain path.
- Things that are required when leaving the city by moving on the roofs of buildings.
- The positioning of the bookshelves in shops
- How flags are standing
- How the sea is handled on the world map
- The roads you can see from the air ship
- The length of bridges
Nomura also shared a bit about events without going into too much detail.
- The look on a character during a short cut in a scene where he or she is leaving.
- Explanation of a fathers feelings during a conversation scene.
- The areas that they want to have connected seamlessly, and the areas that they want to connect via cuts.
- Explanations about the heroines movements.
He also posed an interesting question about the battle system: "We're doing lots of trial and error on this. When you say Final Fantasy, you think of enemy damage figures flying out and showing player HP. What will we do with these in the action-heavy Versus?"
In addition, Nomura also explained that Agito and Versus may get their very own Twitter feeds, but if that's the case, it'll be a lot like the Kingdom Hearts one where the development team doesn't offer much comments.
Thanks again, Red Rose.
If you have a story tip, feel free to lug that in our direction.